Welcome: What is 30-A?
30-A refers to State Road 30-A, a scenic highway in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida and is situated in the Panhandle region of South Walton. Located just West of Panama City Beach, Florida and ends just North of Miramar Beach, Florida 30-A runs alongside the Gulf of Mexico, offering beautiful beaches and coastal communities. It’s also known as the “Hamptons of the South” due to its appeal to celebrities and world travelers. The name “30A” comes from its location along the scenic Highway 30A, a 24-mile corridor that hugs the Gulf of Mexico coastline in Walton County, Florida. Along this drive, you’ll find stunning sugar-white sand beaches and rare coastal dune lakes. Scenic Highway 30A is a popular tourist attraction, with notable communities such as Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Seaside, Watercolor, Grayton beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Gulf Place.
Where to Eat on 30-A? My favorite restaurants on 30-A
Santa Rosa Beach (West End-right next to Miramar Beach)
- Stinky’s Fish Camp: ( New Orleans Style Seafood) in Dune Allen Beach
- Red Fish Taco (Drinks and Music Thursday and Friday nights) in Blue Mountain Beach
- The Red Bar (Seafood) in Grayton Beach, Florida
- Great Southern Cafe (Brunch) in Seaside (they also have a wonderful happy hour)
- Bud and Alleys (hot spot for people that visit the area) in Seaside with amazing gulf views
- Grayton Seafood in Grayton Beach, Florida
- The Vue on 30A (nice place with ocean front view) can be tricky to get in in Dune Allen Beach
- Blue Mountain Creamery (amazing ice cream. They only take cash and you will WAIT) in Blue Mountain Beach
- Pecan Jacks ( ice cream, have alcohol ice cream kinda cool) in Gulf Place
- AJs (BAR, they have live music in the late night, crazy cool place to go dancing and have a good time) – one in Grayton Beach and Destin – this is a place to go to a night time because it stays a lot longer.
- Cafe Thirty-A (they do take reservations, great for special locations, love the grilled filet mignon)
- The Citizen
- The Gallion’s
- La Crema | Tapas & Chocolate (if you love wine and chocolates it’s the best place in Rosemary Beach)
- The Pearl (a boutique hotel located in Rosemary Beach)
- Pescado | Seafood Grill & Rooftop Bar in Rosemary Beach
To find restaurants by 30-A Communities
- WaterColor Resort
- Grayton Beach, Florida
- Blue Mountain
- Rosemary Beach
- Gulf Place
- Alys Beach
Great Places to walk Around 30-A
- Seaside Square (shops and food trucks)
- Rosemary beach square (shop and beautiful architecture)
- Baytowne (Sandestin)
- Destin Fishing Harbor (Where all the fishing boats come in, super cool and lots of bars shops and restaurants)
- Gulf Place (cute restaurants and shops) – 5 min from my house.
- Don’t forget about our amazing state parks: Grayton Beach State Park, Eden Garden State Park, Topsail Hill Preserve State Park.
Where to Shop?
- Grand Boulevard (Sandestin – higher end shopping / nice restaurants)
- SilverSand Outlet Mall (LOTS stores)
- Destin Commons Mall
Live Music and Events on 30-A
https://30a.com/events/ (more events)
- Red Fish Taco (chill – can bring kids music is 6-9)
- Stinky’s Bait Shack
- Aj’s (real bar, no kids after 10)
- Destin Harbor typically has music
- Baytowne typically has music
- ( My fav Beach access ) 5999 County Rd 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Grayton Beach State Park (hiking and coastal dune lakes)
- True Coastal Dune Lakes occur in only a few places around the world, but 15 are found along the white beaches of SoWal! Lakes create an opening (outfall) to the Gulf of Mexico during periods of high water levels, causing fresh and salt water to mix.
- Destin Jetties and Fishing Docks (really cool beach) if you want to rent a boat, jet ski, or fishing tour (GO HERE) the actual beach is complicated to get to so reach out if you’re interested
- Rent bikes and ride them down 30A (super nice bike paths)
- Topsail State park (hiking and trails) and more coastal dune lakes
- If you wanna drive a little my favorite springs are Cypress Springs (you can bring your kayaks and its SOOOO pretty) also Morrison Springs is gorgeous too
- Deep Sea Fishing is crazy fun and you can book a tour in Destin
- Big Kahuna’s Water Park (for the kids)
Best Golf Courses:
Beach Flag System!
They have a text system that will send you the flag color every morning for your stay. Flags are changed everyday at 10AM. Lifeguards in South Walton start at 10AM and end at 6 PM daily. For Gulf conditions and flag updates, text “SAFETY” to 31279
More Beach safety info : https://www.visitsouthwalton.com/beach-safety/